Obviously there are a lot of changes and new stuff in the 2011 GNAT GPL package, but some of the most notable are:
- Improved support for Ada 2012
- More flexible and more efficient project manager tool
- Support for unloading Ada plug-ins
- Improved support for Ada constructs on the .NET platform
- More detailed exception messages (-gnateE switch)
- complete support for Lego MINDSTORMS hardware, including audio and I2C sensors
I’m especially interested in the new Ada 2012 features and in the -gnateE switch. I could do with some more information in my exceptions.
I haven’t tried any of the new stuff yet, as download speeds are currently abysmal. GNAT GPL is downloading at 18.8kb/s so it’ll be a while yet before I can get my hands on the shiny new stuff.